Lauren J. Shatz, M.D.
Cataract and Corneal Disease
Refractive and LASIK Surgery
- Lasik and Refractive Surgery
- Corneal Transplants and Keratoconus Treatment
- No-Stitch, No-Needle, Patchless and Dropless Cataract Surgery
- Dry Eye Treatment – Sjorgen’s and Fuch’s Dystrophy
- Glaucoma Management
- Retinal and Macular Disease Management
- Diabetic Eye Care
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Ophthalmic Laser Treatment
Corneal/Refractive Surgery Fellowship
- 2002-2003 Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
Best Eye Hospital for 11 consecutive years by US News & World Report
- 1999-2002 Boston University Medical Center
- 1998-1999 Albert Einstein Medical Center
- 1994-1998 Jefferson Medical College
- Board Certification
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- New England Ophthalmological Society
- Massachusetts Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
Hospital and Surgery Center Affiliations
- Baystate Medical Center: Springfield,MA
- Cooley-Dickinson Hospital: Northampton, MA
- Cataract and Laser Center: West Springfield, MA
- Eye and LASIK Center: West Springfield, MA
“I really can’t thank Dr. Shatz enough for his wonderful work with my LASIK procedure. He provided me with everything I needed to know both before and after the surgery, always made himself available, was kind and patient with my questions, and did a phenomenal job with the operation itself. He and his office have a life-long customer in me. Thanks!!” – Paul J.
“I just had my LASIK surgery with Dr. Shatz yesterday, and I already have 20/20 vision!!! I was very nervous about this procedure; however, he and his team were very attentive to all my needs, explained what to expect before, during and after the surgery. He even called me a few hours later to check on the status of my recovery. I only wish I came here a year earlier when my husband did. He is still talking about how well he can see and how pleased he is. We highly recommend LASIK with Dr. Shatz to anyone who is interested.” – Ozge S.
“I had cataract surgery with Dr. Shatz about 3 weeks ago. I am so pleased! The procedure was easy (a few minutes of very mild discomfort) and my vision was improved almost immediately. The care at the Cataract and Laser Center was great, people were really kind and reassuring, as was Dr. Shatz. The best thing about it? I hadn’t realized how much my vision had changed in terms of color and brightness; I was seeing through a brown/gray film. The world looks bright and beautiful and new again!” – Lisa B.
SEE has supported Dr. Shatz on Cataract Surgery campaigns to Vietnam, Cambodia and India over the past 3 years. While Dr. Shatz covers his own expenses, SEE provides necessary logistical support.
SEE International’s SEE Doc network consists of more than 650 ophthalmologists and medical volunteers, from 80 different countries. Working together, volunteer eye surgeons have performed more than 460,000 sight-restoring surgeries, transforming their lives forever.